GE Voluson E8 Ultrasound
Next generation image quality tools
GE Voluson E8 2D image quality enhancement tools
- Advanced Speckle Reduction Imaging (SRI) — helps heighten the visibility of organs and lesions with high-definition contrast resolution that suppresses speckle artifact while maintaining true tissue architecture.
- CrossXBeamCRITM — helps enhance tissue and border differentiation with an innovative, real-time spatial compounding acquisition and processing technique.
- HD-FlowTM — uses a bi-directional Doppler feature to help achieve a more sensitive vascular study and reduce overwriting.
- Focus and Frequency Composite (FFC) — Provides for both penetration and resolution benefits by allowing simultaneous transmit frequencies – high frequencies in the near-field together with low frequencies in the far-field.
- Coded excitation — Uses GE’s innovative coded technology to allow high frequencies to penetrate deeper into the body for added resolution on technically difficult patients.
- Pulse inversion (harmonics) — Utilizes 2 pulses to create an image, each an inverse of the other, cancelling out noise to produce clean image.
New second generation, more powerful, Dynamic Rendering Engine
The GE Voluson E8 ‘s 2nd generation Dynamic Rendering Engine and innovative probes help provide you extraordinary image quality and seamless operation.
- HDliveTM — This next generation rendering tool provides exceptional anatomical realism and helps increase depth perception. This imaging capability can help you achieve a deeper understanding of relational anatomy, enrich patient communication and help enhance diagnostic confidence.
- Volume SRI (V-SRI) — This tool provides a high level of speckle reduction utilizing volume/voxel versus traditional single slice imaging. It helps improve 3/4D quality in multi-planar studies and rendered mode, and also provides an enhanced smoothing effect on rendered images which can help improve diagnostic confidence.
- Advanced Volume Contrast Imaging (VCI) with OmniView — Diagnostic confidence in sonography requires the ability to differentiate irregular shapes with precision. This tool can help improve contrast resolution and visualization of the rendered anatomy with clarity in any image plane.
- STIC (Spatio-Temporal Image Correlation) — A technology that was pioneered by Voluson engineers. STIC captures a full virtual fetal heart cycle in real time, and the volume can be saved for off-line analysis.
- Advanced 4D including TUI (Tomographic Ultrasound Imaging) — This tool combines advanced 4D imaging capabilities with TUI (a simultaneous view of multiple parallel slices of a volume data set) which can help you make analysis and documentation of dynamic studies easier.
Advanced volume ultrasound technologies
GE Voluson E8 technology enhancements help provide extraordinary image quality and functionality you need to help make critical clinical decisions with confidence.
GE Voluson E8 next generation volume ultrasound technologies will amaze you!
Extraordinary vision starts with advanced probe technology.
The GE Voluson E8 supports a wide range of probes that help provide quality imaging – especially in first trimester and complex gynecological exams.
All Voluson E-Series transducers are equipped with in pinless connectors and incorporate innovative wide band-width technology.
Additionally, the Voluson E-Series supports Acoustic Amplifier technology, allowing for the recapture and reuse of unused signal data to help enhance sensitivity, axial resolution and penetration.
- RIC6-12-D — this high resolution endovaginal volume probe helps you detect fine details early in the first trimester and in gynecology exams.
- New RAB6-D — fatigue can be a thing of the past with this next generation volume probe that is 40% lighter than the previous version. Its ergonomic design provides outstanding image quality in 2D and 3D/4D, features a pinless connector and sits comfortably in the clinician’s hand.
- C1-5-D — this probe helps you image confidently with deep penetration even when scanning large patients.
- New C4-8-D — with high frequency and a small footprint, this probe helps provide exceptional high resolution obstetrical images during each trimester.
- RM6c — this high-resolution convex matrix technology volume probe provides excellent spatial resolution and image uniformity from near to far field.
- 9L-D — this linear probe helps provide high-quality images in the first trimester.
- ML6-15-D — this linear probe features matrix technology for breast imaging, helping provide maximum spatial resolution and image uniformity in a 50mm footprint.
- S4-1-D — neonatal probe is dedicated to neonatalogy applications.
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services that are shaping a new age of patient care.
Our broad expertise in medical imaging and information technologies, medical diagnostics, patient monitoring systems, drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies, performance improvement and performance solutions services help our customers to deliver better care to more
people around the world at a lower cost. In addition, we partner with healthcare leaders, striving to leverage the global policy change necessary to implement a successful shift to sustainable healthcare systems.